Wednesday 1 December 2010

Keeping it in the family: Bracewell pop up shop

When my Dad phoned me a few days after i returned from Vietnam and said he wanted me to come out to Australia to help him set up his new shop i pretty much jumped on the plane there and then. He was setting up one of his Bracewell stores at World Square in central Sydney and we could do what we wanted to a totally blank canvas... Perfect!
 Before
 Window with mix and match self assemblage scarecrow mannequins
Wood paneled changing rooms complete with (the family favourite) Trechikoff prints
For the stockroom we clad a tin shed in plywood and painted it in thinned paint with a "tree" behind it
 
I mixed and matched tubular metal rails and a screen frame and set them out in a zig zag against the window
Hand painted wall
This was such a fun job as i was able to be really creative and get my hands dirty with painting, drilling and building the most complicated 25 page flat pack shed (ok that bit wasn't so much fun). I was really lucky because Dad is a total hoarder and has some fabulous mid century pieces including lighting and furniture not to mention counters and rails. I am proud to say we were able to get it open within eight days of me getting off the plane and on a tiny budget.

A big thanks to Sarah at We Like This Too for being her usual inspirational self before i left and pointing me in some interesting directions which really helped shape this project. Cheers love x

No comments:

Post a Comment