Monday 9 August 2010

Carcassonne calling

I had a couple of hours to kill in the ancient city of Carcassonne, so i went for a little wander with wheelie case in tow.
Unfortunately with my time frame i didn't make it into the fortified part of the city which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site... save that for next time. The town itself though is full of beautiful sights. I particularly love the colours of the buildings faded by the southern French sun.
All the different shades of blue on the shutters have inspired me to paint my front door, just got to get it done before winter.
Why can't all street lights be as beautiful as this or at least have some thought other than "function" put into them?

I am very partial to a retro sign and i found a few lovely ones i would happily have smashed my Ryanair baggage allowance for.
Next time i visit this region (in my fantasy world) i hope to do it by boat on the Canal Du Midi in Rick Stein-esqe adventure.
Thank you France, au revoir x x x

2 comments:

  1. I was just in Carcassonne on the 29th July, Phoenix played in the huge Castle!

    Mench xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!Mench you lucky boy, how amazing. Missed you by a week, damn it! x x x

    ReplyDelete